Subject to any unforeseen changes within the coming week, the Bonfire Night will go ahead on Friday 5th at the Playing Field. We are, however, urging and reminding people to be mindful that the Covid virus is still around and that we must take care, not just of ourselves, but each other. The following precautions will therefore be in place:
- We would like to request that all patrons (over the age of 11) take a lateral flow test before attending, and to not attend if they are not feeling well;
- We shall be reminding all patrons to safely socially distance outside of household & family groups at all times;
- Volunteers involved in serving food, drink & glow-toys, will be asked to wear face-masks;
- The Pavilion will be closed to patrons apart from the use of toilets (please use the hand sanitizers provided) and for use by the committee and volunteers managing the evening;
- The usual bonfire food and drink—plus glow-toys—will be available for sale but will be sold from the open marquees on the field. We ask that patrons maintain appropriate social distancing in food and drink queues, and to follow directions away from the waiting queues after being served.
We look forward to everybody having an enjoyable and fun evening. The bonfire and fireworks will, as ever, be spectacular thanks to our resident pyromaniacs, Ken Hickman and “Guy” Wilkes.
As a reminder, please do not bring hand-held sparklers to the event.
The Playing Field relies heavily on donations to cover the costs for the evening—we appreciate the village generosity for this.